Thursday, April 24, 2014

No Fat Vegetable Medley - Raw Food Style

1 small stalk of broccoli
5 thin stalks of asparagus
1 really large carrot
2 stalks celery
1 large red bell pepper
2 T and 2 tsp of coconut sugar
2 medium oranges juiced
1 small lemon juiced
Optional spices: Salt Free seasoning and pepper

Chop the broccoli, asparagus and carrots to fit in food chopper or processor. Blend these up to resemble rice consistency. Then add some chopped up celery and red bell pepper. Season this with the juiced oranges and lemon. Then sprinkle coconut sugar to your liking over it. Can add other spices like salt free seasoning and pepper, too.  This had a very interesting taste to it. Kind of exotic with the asparagus making it a little bitter, but still very tasty. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! I came over from Tannyraw's youtube community. I saw your post today and thought I should come by and get acquainted. I'm middle aged too and just now starting this new adventure. Your site looks great and thanks for sharing some recipes. I'm going to bookmark this and will come back again :) Keep up the good work.

    Warmly,

    Kimber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimber, Thanks for stopping by. I just started almost 5 months ago on this new way of life. I have lost almost all the weight I wanted to lose except for about 10 pounds more. Yeah, it is challenging to lose weight in middle age, but following the raw food vegan "abundance" lifestyle is no doubt a most easy way to lose the weight without deprivation. Thanks for your encouraging words about my website and all the best to you on this new way of living. Sincerely, Connie

      Delete