Monday, February 3, 2014

The Raw Food Lifestyle - Today's Thoughts

Not only am I eating healthy raw foods, but I am filling my mind, heart and soul and being with positive words, thoughts and images. I am letting go of any hurts and pains. I cry if I need to cry. I laugh when I want to laugh. I am being more of the real me. Food is one avenue to a healthy well-being, but also it includes letting go of negativity and depression by filling my life with more joy and positive living.

I am inspired by motivational videos I see at youtube or continued views of other raw foodist videos. I also am really changing my thinking.

Yesterday I went for a bike ride on errands. It was very windy and challenging to ride in the wind. But I changed my thoughts to notice how the wind was blowing all the trees and how interesting that looked. I focused on noticing all the different trees whenever thoughts of how tough it was to pedal by bike in the wind. I focused on the blue sky and how clear it was with barely any clouds. I focused on how lucky I am to even be strong enough to ride a bike in the wind. Then my bike ride went okay and I was not all dark and gloomy about it. 

Our mind is so powerful and we can experience what we want to experience. Someone may view the day as horrible and yet others can view it as interesting.

I want to stay with this healthy way. My days are now filled with learning new things, keeping up with my responsibilities, exercising daily, and basically seeing where I can be a person who is helpful instead of not so helpful.

I am not perfect at all this positive stuff, but I do the best I can with each new day. One thing that has been perfect is the raw food diet. Eating raw foods has simplified things lots for me. I eat more basic whole fruits and veggies now. I am not into the raw gourmet as much and will probably just do that for holidays. For now I basically just have fruits and veggies uncomplicated. Maybe a smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch and some raw veggie zucchini spiralized with sauce for dinner. Fruits or veggies for snacks work. I add in some almonds and sunflower seeds, too. I use cold pressed olive oil as well on salads. So everything is quite easy. If I get hungry, I grab a banana or two. That solves that right away at low calories. I am happy for the simplicity of this new way.

Take care all. 

By, Connie Webb 2/3/14

No comments:

Post a Comment