Friday, February 7, 2014

Some Recent Raw Vegan Foods I Have Made

Photo of "Bright Red Coleslaw" by Connie Webb
I made a really nice "Raw Vegan Stroganoff". I just had some ribbon zucchini noodles and covered them with this Cashew Cream sauce from this link:
http://www.reloveplanet.com/2013/08/vegan-kitchen-raw-zucchini-cashew.html
Then I had the idea to add some marinated mushrooms and portobella mushrooms to it. It was so good! The noodles I made with zucchini and just used a peeler to peel the zucchini into long thin ribbons. I think this is going to be my favorite dish. I marinated the mushrooms in a little oil and soy sauce. (Still need to get another brand of soy sauce that is "raw" and doesn't have wheat in it. Will work on that.)

Another dish I made which I just made up was this "Bright Red Coleslaw" which had: Green cabbage, carrots, fuji apples, beets and some cold pressed olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar, a little lemon, agave nectar and sea salt. I just used a food chopper/processor with the s blade to chop up the cabbage, carrots, fuji apples and beets. I also grated some of the coleslaw and beets to make it have a little different texture mixed in there, too. After this was all made, I added some sunflower seeds to it. It wound up tasting really nice.

One more dish I made was "Cheezy" Portobella Mushroom I just took a portabella mushroom and added some oil and soy sauce to it. I then sprinkled on some nutritional yeast. And that was quite tasty, too.

I like "creating" lots of different raw food dishes. This is getting to be really fun and exciting. Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment