Saturday, May 17, 2014

That Number on the Scale

Started out on Dec. 3, 2013 at 172 pounds. Today is May 17, 2014 and I weighed 135 this morning! I have to keep doing double takes on the scale number. That number on the scale had not moved in  ages. Yet when I adopted this raw vegan lifestyle, that number keeps getting lower and lower. I am now at my normal weight for my height of 5'6 " tall and age 56. It is nice to be in the normal range and not always feel so guilty for being at a so called "not normal" weight.

I like this lifestyle as it is all about abundance - seriously! One day I really thought I was overeating and was scared to weigh myself the next day and long behold I did not gain, but lost some more weight. I think the eating too little thing always tended to keep weight on me. But I guess my body now is happy it is eating more fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds and is just really adjusting very well to this way of life.

There are many books out there on this lifestyle that will explain all the benefits of this way of life. I am not so good at explaining this way, but I will say this: I feel much better than I have in a long time with this healthy way of eating. And I am so happy that number on the scale no longer upsets me!

No comments:

Post a Comment