Friday, January 24, 2014

Today's Events in the life of a middle-aged Raw Food Vegan

This morning was a bit lazy here as I did more things throughout the week already. Just relaxed in the morning. Did lots of reading and watching positive things on Youtube. I usually subscribe to raw foodists channels there and get inspiration from them with recipes and other positive messages.

Later on I did go for a walk to the beach and back with my walking group. Some pretty big waves at the beach today that were fun to see. 

Today's food so far:
Got it together fairly late so I had a 'brunch" of a smoothie of: Frozen banana slices, large orange, fuji apple grated, baby greens and some lentil sprouts thrown in for some extra protein. Also, had a handful of sunflower seeds. I wasn't even hungry till hours later.

This evening: Huge salad of: Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Grated carrots, sprouted lentils, avocado and some sunflower seeds. Had my favorite made up salad dressing of: 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp tahini, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar - healthy kind, 1 tablespoon soy sauce (will buy tamari later when I get ahold of it as that is wheat free), and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. For dessert I had a fuji apple that was so delicious. Fuji apples are my favorite ever - they are so good and feel like a really nice treat. I sometimes will grate one into a bowl and just enjoy eating them that way. You could add some cinnamon to it, too.

This evening I am watching some of the latest American Idol episodes. Some of the singers are pretty good so far that they are letting go through, so that is great. It is sad when some of those young folks don't make it through. So heartbreaking for them. The music industry sure is a tough road to go, but I guess if you are really, really good, there probably will be no stopping that person. It is so neat how well Kelly Clarkson has done all beginning with American Idol. I read recently that Kelly lived out of her car at one time, too! Amazing she has achieved so much.

So this day was pretty much lazy, but it is okay. I had so many hectic days in the past that I am okay with some lazy type of days. Take care all. 










No comments:

Post a Comment