Thursday, January 23, 2014

Raw Food Vegan Journey by Connie Webb

I started my raw food vegan journey on Dec. 3, 2013 at the age of 56 years old. I really like this lifestyle. I like how I feel. I like how the weight is just dropping that I have tried for years to get to budge. It is absolutely amazing. No longer do I have cravings for any junky foods. I am just happy eating fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and sprouted lentils/garbanzos. Very simple. Nothing elaborate.

I did rely on making some more gourmet raw foods over the holidays and that was fun, too. The bonus is all the foods I made were all good for me and for my two adult kids. They were not any junk foods. Just lots of good whole foods.

I heard my first complaint today about me not losing any more weight. I am in this for the way I feel. If I lose some more weight, it is just a bonus. I am not focusing on my weight. I am focusing on health and eating healthy meals at each meal and healthy snacks for any snacks.

I was kind of thinking that people will notice me much thinner as time goes on, but I know I am healthy. I am older, so people will assume whatever they want to assume when they see me thinner, but that is okay. I don't base my life on what other people "think" any longer. Another bonus of the aging process.

I have noticed I have lots more energy than usual. I did go through some "detox" digestive type issues over the first few weeks of this raw food journey, but things have settled way down now and my body is used to getting lots of healthy items and I actually can say that I crave really healthy whole foods now. I no longer want all that stuff in packages any longer. What a change.

Well, this I do not want to be another "fad" for me. I am feeling healthy and want this as a lifestyle. I watch lots of motivating speakers on youtube about this raw food diet and it helps me stay inspired.

I thought I would try and document this journey just to see where I am at. Take care all who read this and if you don't go fully raw, just adding some extra fruits and veggies can really make you feel better. Have a good today!

No comments:

Post a Comment